What a great way to start your Official White House Christmas Ornaments Collection, or maybe just add to your existing collection. These Official Christmas Ornaments make great gifts for all the friends and family on your list. Find more Christmas Ornaments in our shop!
Each year, the White House Historical Association honors a president or significant White House anniversary with a collectible, American made ornament.
This set of Official White House Christmas Ornaments includes ornaments from…
- 1981 (First White House Ornament)
- 1982 (President George Washington)
- 1983 (President John Adams)
- 1984 (President Thomas Jefferson)
- Made in the USA
- Crafted from 24-karat gold finished brass
- Includes one brochure for each ornament describing the inspiration for its design and historical background.
This set includes the first four White House Christmas ornaments which are no longer sold individually.
- 1981 – Angel in Flight, The First White House Ornament.
- 1982 – Dove of Peace, honoring George Washington, First President of the United States, 1789–97. A faithful miniature replica of the dove of peace weathervane that Washington commissioned for his home at Mount Vernon.
- 1983 – The White House, Honoring John Adams, Second President of the United States, 1797–1801. Adams was the first president to live in the White House and the ornament depicts the north facade of the house as he would have known it, before the addition of the columned portico so familiar to us today.
- 1984 – The Jefferson Peace Medal, honoring Thomas Jefferson, third President of the United States, 1801–09. The design is based upon the historic Jefferson peace medal, minted in 1801. President Jefferson’s portrait is featured on one side and the opposite side shows the clasped hands of an Indian and a soldier, crowned by a tomahawk and a pipe of peace.
Each original White House Christmas ornament is finished in 24-karat gold. The 1981-1984 ornament set is packaged with four brochures: one for each ornament describing the inspiration for its design and relevant historical background.
The white house historical association is a private, non-profit organization founded in 1961 by First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy with a mission to protect, preserve, and provide public access to the rich history of America’s Executive Mansion.